- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Partnership Model
- Focus Areas
- Campaigns and Actions
- Public Policy
- UU College of Social Justice
- What You Can Do
- Ways to Give
- Get Involved
- Enlist Your Congregation
- Read Our Blog
- Shop in Our Store
- Media Center
- Volunteer Network Resources
- Campaign Resources
- Multimedia Resources
- Congregational Resources
Go Green! Make Guest at Your Table Environmentally Friendly
Guest at Your Table 2012-2013
What UUSC is doing to make Guest at Your Table more environmentally friendly
UUSC cares deeply about the environment, and we strive to lessen our environmental impact in all areas of our work. Here are a few of the ways we're greening Guest at Your Table:
- We encourage you to reuse surplus boxes from the 2011 Guest at Your Table program.
- Please do not reuse any printed materials from prior to 2011 — the mailing address and other key information has changed.
actively reduce the variety and
volume of printed materials, and offer electronic materials in their
- The planning guide is online, so you can download and then only print as needed.
- Other planning and participation materials, including the order-of-service insert and cover, are also available online.
- Anyone who lacks access to a printer can obtain copies by mail; contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the materials.
- Orders for congregational materials will be collected on our website or over the phone. Printed order forms have been eliminated.
- At the conclusion of the Guest at Your Table season, we will recycle or save and reuse any surplus printed materials.
- We are carefully tracking demand for and usage of these materials and will use that data to revise output and minimize over-printing next year.
What YOU can do to make Guest at Your Table more environmentally friendly
- Use electronic resources in lieu of printed materials.
- Order only what you need based on your congregation's size and activity level. Need help? Contact email@example.com for tips.
- Reuse last year's boxes if you have extras. [You may wish to order new Stories of Hope booklets, about the new guests, who are featured at www.uusc.org/myguests.]
- Collect and recycle printed Guest at Your Table materials at the conclusion of your program or save them for reuse.
What other ways has your congregation gone green with Guest at Your Table? Please tell us your ideas so that we can share them with other congregations!