Thank you for helping UUSC raise awareness and support for human rights through Guest at Your Table! By coordinating a Guest at Your Table celebration for your congregation, you help participants of all ages nurture lasting connections to UU principles, build awareness about social justice and human rights, and strengthen UUSC's work. Thank you for joining us for the 40th anniversary of this special UU tradition.
How to sign up
To register as your congregation's coordinator, please send an e-mail to Volunteer Services at email@example.com with your contact information and congregation name, city, and state.
If you have any questions, feel free to send Volunteer Services an e-mail.
How to plan your congregation's program
- Guide to planning your congregation's Guest at Your Table program, including detailed information about:
- Planning FAQs for congregational organizers
- Inspiring Guest at Your Table activities, including examples from other congregations
Stories of Hope
Guest at Your Table introduces you to grassroots leaders around the world who are advancing human rights. Whether you are holding a worship service, planning a religious education activity, or hosting a Guest at Your Table dinner, we invite you to think of these leaders as your “guests" and to share the following stories:
- Nancy Vilce and Marie Obethe Moise, from the Association for the Promotion of Integral Family Healthcare in Haiti
Download a printable Stories of Hope booklet (PDF) containing all three of the above stories
Worship and religious education resources
- Guest at Your Table sample worship service (PDF), prepared by Rev. William Sinkford
- Guest at Your Table religious education kit (PDF), prepared by Carla Miller. Includes an adult small group ministry session and lesson plans for pre-K to 8th grade
- Sample announcements
- Order of service covers, inserts, and guest profiles
To help you make the most of your Guest at Your Table experience as a congregation coordinator, we are developing resources with best practices for meal planning and fundraising as well as worship materials. Check this page often as we will be updating it frequently with new materials. The following resources are now available:
- Sign up to host a Guest at Your Table meal
- Guide to planning a Guest at Your Table meal
- Checklist for a Guest at Your Table meal
- Printable Guest at Your Table place mats (Legal (PDF) or Ledger (PDF)) for your dinner
- Video promoting Guest at Your Table meals
- Playlist of suggested videos to show at Guest at Your Table events