The Unitarian Universalist Service Committee advances human rights through grassroots collaborations.
Support UUSC’s work in Burma
The people of Burma deserve international solidarity. There is an ongoing genocide against the Rohingya, a Muslim minority group in Burma, perpetrated by the military junta. And now, the military is targeting other ethnic and religious minorities in Burma with the same violent strategies and tactics. Join UUSC in affirming the rights and dignity of the people of Burma and amplifying their calls for international accountability.
As an individual:
- Take action! Ethnic minorities are being targeted by the Burmese military with almost daily airstrikes that are killing and injuring civilians and displacing entire communities. We are supporting our grassroots partners’ call for tough sanctions on companies that supply jet fuel to the Burmese army.
- After you take action, pass the link to 3 friends or family members who are committed to advancing human rights.
- Learn more about the human rights crisis happening in Burma by reading more about our partners in the region and the ways they are documenting atrocity crimes committed by the Burmese military.
- Donate: UUSC is one of the few international agencies providing direct support to civil society organizations on the ground in Burma. Help us get resources where they are needed most by making a gift today.
As a congregation or group:
- Organize a pass the plate in your congregation to support our work in Burma.
- Make sure your congregation is participating in Guest at Your Table this year to learn about and support UUSC’s work around the world. Contact Julian Sharp at email@example.com to learn more.
- Reach out to Heather Vickery at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about how your congregation can do your justice work more faithfully and effectively.