The Unitarian Universalist Service Committee advances human rights through grassroots collaborations.
Celebrating 75 Years of Advancing Justice
As UUSC turns 75, we’re reflecting on how you, our members and supporters, have made our work possible. Throughout our rich history, many individuals, congregations, organizations, and foundations have come together to help UUSC confront abuses of power and work with grassroots organizations to address injustice and advance human rights.
Get to know us a little better:
- Delve into UUSC’s history.
- Explore current work and approaches.
- Check out the latest on Facebook, Twitter, and our updates page.
Stories of impact
Throughout 2015, we will roll out a series of short stories that illustrate a few of the many positive advances your support has made possible over the years.
Rights at risk
- Responding to Nazi oppression, 1940, Marseille, France
- Treating trauma in the wake of disaster, 2014, Cebu, Philippines
Policy advocacy and mobilization
- Seeking political solutions, 1970s, El Salvador
- Making the human right to water a legal reality, 2012, California, United States
- Empowering women through training and leadership development, 1980s, Dakar, Senegal
- Supporting displaced earthquake survivors, 2010s, Central Plateau, Haiti
- Organizing collective action to advance justice, 1980s, United States
- Working in solidarity to rebuild after disaster, 2005–08, Gulf Coast, United States
- Helping people tell stories using video, 1970s, Mississippi and Massachusetts, United States
- Developing appropriate technology, 2009–10, northern Uganda
- Building a pioneering social work education program, 1949, Germany
- Engaging UUs in cross-cultural learning, 2012–present, United States
Celebrate with us
Want to help us mark this special occasion? Fill out the form below to join our mailing list and receive a complimentary gift!* And if you’re feeling inspired, please consider making a donation to ensure UUSC can move confidently into the next 75 years.
*Note: offer is limited to first 2,500 respondents.
Complimentary Gift Form
* Denotes required field.
If you take action, you may receive updates from UUSC. You can unsubscribe at any time.