Summer 2021 Action Alert
We have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to forge a path to citizenship for immigrant communities. We must not let it go to waste!
Here are some action steps:
- Support the #WeAreHome campaign to honor the contributions of immigrants during—and long before—the pandemic by finally creating a path to citizenship for essential workers, DACA and TPS holders, and the whole undocumented community. Learn more here.
- Follow United We Dream on social media for updates on the legislative status of efforts to #KeepThePromise and win #Citizenship4All.
Politicians rightly recognize that millions of immigrants have provided labor that is “essential” to surviving and rebuilding from the COVID-19 pandemic. Yet they continue to deny them a path to citizenship. UUSC is calling on our elected leaders to honor those who so often put themselves on the line to save others by creating a roadmap to permanent status for essential workers, DACA and TPS holders, and other immigrants. Join us by sending a message to your senator to demand a just #Path2Citizenship now.
Violence, impunity, and corruption have forced thousands of Central Americans to flee their homes. All people have the rights to safety, human dignity, and a process to seek asylum. Yet when they flee, migrants face further dangers and abuses designed to deter them from their journey. Upon reaching the United States, they can be detained, prosecuted, or have their family members taken from them. After years spent building their lives in the United States, they may still be at risk of deportation.
Learn more about these issues here: The Right to Safety in Central America
As with all of our initiatives, we focus our grant-making and partner support on grassroots organizations working for systemic change. We believe that connecting groups across the migrant trail from El Salvador to Mexico to the United States will create a strong movement centered on the rights of people, not borders.
Learn more about how we do this work:
- UUSC Heads to the Capitol to Support Central American Immigrants
- Flood the Desert Action Highlights Dire Need to Support, Uplift Migrants
- Homestead: Who’s Profiting from Detaining Kids?
Here are some of our partners:
- Freedom for Immigrants
- Fundación Para la Justicia y El Estado Democrático de Derecho
- Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rights
- No More Deaths
- UndocuBlack Network