Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (VP & CFO)
Position: Exempt, Full-Time (35 hrs/week)
The Information Technology (IT) Manager serves as architect and executor of UUSC’s information technology vision. S/he has broad responsibility for researching the most effective IT hardware/software/service mix to address organizational needs subject to available resources. The IT Manager also has general responsibility for implementation of approved IT projects.
The IT Manager’s purview includes UUSC’s desktop productivity tools, network infrastructure, and constellation of websites. In addition to a solid technical background, the incumbent should have strong analytical and customer service skills. S/he should be equally adept at providing hands-on support to staff or coordinating work by other staff/consultants relative to IT vision fulfillment.
- Ensure that UUSC has appropriate and up-to-date IT equipment and software to achieve its mission.
- Develop and implement IT policies, procedures, and training programs consistent with industry best practices to facilitate and maximize staff use of available technology, social media, and other IT resources while ensuring appropriate security for UUSC’s network and data.
- Collaborate with relevant staff about ongoing development and maintenance of UUSC’s websites.
- Work closely with relevant staff, consultants, and vendors to identify, recommend, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Provide ongoing feedback and recommendations for improving the efficiency and integrity of UUSC’s data management practices to relevant parties.
- Establish, manage, and evaluate business relationships with IT-related consultants and vendors to ensure that UUSC’s IT infrastructure is configured per best practices, conforms to UUSC’s budget, and complies with relevant policies and procedures.
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, and support of all IT infrastructure, including workstations, audiovisual equipment, servers, PCs, operating systems, and peripherals; recommend upgrades as appropriate.
- Ensure optimal utilization of UUSC’s IT systems and equipment through the development of regular feedback mechanisms and reasonable responsiveness to users’ needs. Build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments within the organization to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives, programs, and services with IT dimensions.
- Develop in concert with relevant stakeholders the annual IT operational and capital budgets. Monitor and manage the budgets to stay within approved spending limits. Serve as billing point of contact for IT-related service and product providers.
- Stay abreast of IT trends, new technologies, and pertinent regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance of UUSC’s IT infrastructure with industry best practices.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in developing and implementing IT strategic plans, network management, technology purchasing, user support, database development, and website management; Level A experience with Windows and OS X at the desktop and server levels. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) a plus.
- Substantive experience with provision and/or use of any of the following software as a service (SaaS) products a major plus: ADP payroll software; Classy; Dropbox; Engage; Fluxx; MIP (Abila); NGOConnect (Salesforce); Pardot; Spiceworks; Zoom. Knowledge of and experience with WordPress and Drupal content management systems a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with emerging IT/Web trends, technologies, and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external agency stakeholders.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the services of an off-site technical support vendor.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
Non-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity: UUSC is highly committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. People with disabilities, people of color, and people from minority communities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may email a cover letter and résumé in confidence to: email@example.com or mail to Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, (Attn: Director of Human Resources), 689 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139.