Department: Development (DEV)
Reports to: Associate Director of Development for Membership
Position: Exempt, Full-Time (35 hrs/week)
Grade: 4 (bargaining unit)
In collaboration with the donor-marketing agency (IDM) and under the supervision of Associate Director for Membership, the Marketing and Membership Coordinator ensures the smooth flow of all administrative needs of the Direct Marketing, Congregational Giving and E-Commerce programs. Provide support for the Membership Unit of the Development Department.
- Direct Marketing
- Serve at first point of contact for UUSC’s direct marketing vendor, Integrated Direct Marketing (IDM);
- Assist in the development of fundraising materials. Coordinate the approval and production of those materials in partnership with other UUSC staff members;
- Coordinate bi-annual meetings with the donor marketing account representatives and UUSC program staff;
- Manage appeal schedule and coordinate with vendors to facilitate the timely and cost effective implementation of donor-marketing appeals;
- Assist with the planning and design of member and marketing materials;
- Provide Donor Marketing agency with data for all appeals;
- Perform appropriate file maintenance to ensure integrity of the donor records and database;
- Send email communications to membership base on behalf of the Development team;
- Coordinate the production of materials and registrations for Work Place Giving programs;
- Answer member inquiries and requests, serve as a representative of UUSC to members;
- Participate in agency and departmental events and activities and serve as member team’s representative as appropriate
- In conjunction with the Associate Director and the Associate for Congregational Giving Programs (CGP), coordinate with IDM and other internal staff for the approval and production of all CGP materials.
- Help produce supporting materials for Congregational Events and giving programs.
- Serve as primary back up for order fulfillment;
- Assist with coordination and production of E-commerce online and print marketing materials;
- Perform other related duties as necessary or as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience preferred;
- Ability to set up and maintain administrative systems;
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office and database operation;
- Experience managing budgets and spreadsheet modification;
- Strong organizational skills and precise in managing logistical details;
- A responsive and service-oriented approach to support the development team and UUSC membership;
- Strong time and project management skills are essential. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and prioritize work;
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Solid problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to UUSC’s human rights mission.
Non-Discrimination and Equal Employment opportunity: UUSC is highly committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. People with disabilities, people of color, and people from minority communities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may email a cover letter and résumé in confidence preferably to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (Attn: Director of Human Resources), 689 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139.