The Unitarian Universalist Service Committee advances human rights through grassroots collaborations.
Job Title: Membership Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development for Membership
Level: Union Position, Grade 4
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time (35 hours/week)
Starting Salary Range: $55,000-$60,500
Location: Boston/Cambridge, MA (some positions may be remote eligible)
Other Work Conditions
The organization requires all UUSC community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our office in Cambridge, MA is regularly cleaned, and standard safety protocols are followed in accordance with public health authorities to prevent the spread of infectious disease.
Guided by Unitarian Universalist principles and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, UUSC is a human rights organization that strives to advance human rights, dismantle systems of oppression, and uplift the inherent dignity and power of all people. We focus our work in three intersectional areas of justice: Migrant Justice, Climate and Disaster Justice, and International Justice and Accountability. We center the voices and experiences of those most affected and strengthen those grassroots groups and movements who are organizing themselves to advance these goals. To accomplish this, we offer Justice Education and Leadership Development, Engagement and Mobilization for Advocacy, and Grantmaking and Partner Support.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development for Membership, the Membership Coordinator ensures the smooth flow of all administrative needs of the Membership Unit of the Development Department. They act as back up for the Development Department Coordinator and the Senior Associate for Marketing and Membership. Some travel may be required for special events or meetings. This is a hybrid-work position, with required work in office and flexible remote work arrangements as part of the regular schedule.
- Support the administrative requirements of the Development Department, including processing and tracking expenses for the Membership unit, submitting check requests to the Finance Department, and supporting the Development Coordinator
- Prepare and send acknowledgement letters for UUSC supporters and congregations
- Assist with advocacy and engagement efforts including direct mail petitions and member surveys
- Perform regular file maintenance to ensure integrity of the donor records and database
- Send segmented email communications to UUSC’s members and supporters
- Assist Senior Associate for Marketing and Membership with preparation of materials for Work Place Giving programs and state registration program, as needed
- Assist with the creation and mailing of membership communications and communications for other Development Units, as needed
- Participate in agency and departmental meetings, events, and activities and serve as member team’s representative as appropriate
- Support the Development Department Coordinator and the Senior Associate for Marketing and Membership
- Serve as part of UUSC’s reception team to answer member inquiries and requests
- Perform other related duties as necessary or as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years relevant experience preferred
- Ability to set up and maintain administrative systems
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience with database operation a plus
- Solid organizational skills and precise in managing logistical details
- Responsive and service-oriented to support the development team and UUSC membership
- Time and project management skills are essential. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and prioritize work
- Self-starter with experience working independently and in teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to UUSC’s human rights mission
UUSC offers a competitive, generous benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, 403(b) tax deferred annuity, retirement plan with 9% of salary contribution to pension plan after 1 year of service, flexible spending plans for medical and dependent care, commuter allowance, and generous paid time off.
Non-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity
UUSC’s mission affirms and celebrates the inherent dignity and power of every person. We are committed to creating a diverse and talented team to achieve that mission. UUSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all. UUSC is deeply committed to ensuring that our organizational culture, policies, and employment practices embody equity and justice.
Interested candidates may email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to: Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (Attn: Director of Human Resources)
689 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139
For more information about the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, please visit www.uusc.org
Download a PDF of this job description