Join Us for a Virtual UUSC Sunday!
In times of crisis such as we are living through now, looking to moments in our shared history when we rose to the challenges before us can offer important lessons – as well as hope. Please join us for a special virtual UUSC Sunday with UUSC President and CEO, Rev. Mary Katherine Morn, as we explore how congregations have brought our Unitarian Universalist values to the fight for human rights since UUSC’s founding in May of 1940. We invite congregations to participate any Sunday during May.
UUSC Sunday Worship Links
We invite congregations to use the whole service or select certain elements to use in conjunction with their own content.
- Full Worship Service (in the order below, with the Time for All Ages 1)
- Welcome and Opening Words, Rev. Mary Katherine Morn
- Hymn, “Meditation on Breathing” by Sarah Dan Jones, performed by the Holston Valley UU Virtual Choir, produced by Wendy Hearl
- Time for All Ages 1: Version for Elementary School Aged Children and Older
- Time for All Ages 2: Version for Middle School Aged Children and Older
- Reading, “Thank You, Climate Strikers” by Rebecca Solnit, shared by Rev. Laura Randall
- Hymn, “Spirit of Life” by Carolyn McDade, Performed by All Souls Church Unitarian in Washington DC, Directed by Jen Hayman
- UUSC Sunday Sermon, Revs. Mary Katherine Morn and Laura Randall
- Time for Generosity, Rev. Laura Randall
- Hymn, “Come Healing” by Leonard Cohen, Performed by First Unitarian Congregational Society in Brooklyn
- Benediction, Rev. Mary Katherine Morn
- 80th Anniversary Testimonials Video
- UUSC Overview Video
- Sample Worship Service
- Order of Service Insert
- Promotional Flyer
Make a Gift
Donations help UUSC join with over 60 grassroots organizations to bolster community-led human rights initiatives around the globe. Make a gift to UUSC Sunday through our secure donation portal →
To donate by mail, please make checks out to “UUSC” with “UUSC Sunday” in the memo field, and send to: UUSC • PO Box 808 • Newark, NJ 07101-0808
80th Anniversary Testimonials
In celebration of UUSC’s 80th anniversary and to encourage more people to join us as UUSC members, we are inviting supporters to share a short reflection about what UUSC’s work means to them. If you would like to submit a video or written testimonial, we encourage you to do so using this form. Thank you for considering submitting a testimonial!
What is UUSC Sunday?
An annual spring program for congregations, UUSC Sunday (also known as Justice Sunday) complements and continues Guest at Your Table, which offers congregations a broader look at UUSC’s mission and programs. To order UUSC Sunday donation envelopes or other UUSC print publications, or to ask a question about how UUSC can support your congregation in taking part in UUSC Sunday, please contact Carly Cronon, Senior Associate for Congregational Support, at ccronon @ uusc.org.