Give to Guest at Your Table
Donations to Guest at Your Table help UUSC and our partners respond to extraordinary human rights challenges of today, address root causes of injustice, and build capacity to respond to future crises. Make a gift to Guest at Your Table through UUSC’s secure donation portal →
You can also access the donation page using the URL uusc.org/givetoguest. To donate via mail, please make checks out to “UUSC” with “GAYT” in the memo field, and send to: Guest at Your Table • UUSC • PO Box 808 • Newark, NJ 07101-0808
What is Guest at Your Table?
Guest at Your Table (GAYT) is UUSC’s annual intergenerational program to raise support for and awareness about key human rights issues. Since UUSC works in over 25 countries, with over 75 grassroots partners, there are thousands of individuals involved in and who benefit from the work that our members make possible. The program is an opportunity to celebrate grassroots partnership, support human rights, and learn about just four of these individuals – the “guests” in Guest at Your Table.
2018-2019 Theme: Justice Across Borders
From the Northern Triangle of Central America, to deserts of Mexico and Arizona, to detention centers in the United States, the road away from danger is paved with injustices. Partnering with grassroots allies along the Central American migration trail, UUSC addresses root causes, supports migrants in transit, and protects the right to seek asylum. Join with UUSC for Guest at Your Table to learn more about UUSC’s and our nation’s involvement in Central America – historically and presently – and our courageous Migrant Justice partners.
2018-19 Guest at Your Table Materials
You can place an order for the following print materials by using this link** or by contacting our office at (617) 301-4329 or development @ uusc.org:
- Stories of Hope – stories from 4 UUSC migrant justice partners
- Collection Boxes
- Membership Envelopes
- 11 x 17” Color Poster
**If you would like to retrieve your password from a previous order, or have your log-in information already, please use this link instead.
- Sample Worship Service, including a Sermon by Rev. Angela Herrera from the First Unitarian Church of Albuquerque and a Moment for All Ages
- Order of Service Insert 1, Order of Service Insert 2, Order of Service Insert 3: Central American Migrant Justice UUSC Timeline
- Template for Making Homemade GAYT Boxes (standard easy-to-fold cardboard boxes are still available to order above)
- “Along the Migrant Trail” Activity for elementary and middle school aged children
- Donation tally sheet for tracking gifts from members of your congregation:
Additional suggested links:
- Take action to support Honduran nationals seeking asylum in the United States
- Special edition of Rights Now newsletter focused on Central American Migrant Justice
- 2018 UUSC Report about Asylum in Hungary vs. the United States
- Overview of UUSC’s Central American Migrant Justice Work
- Summary of opportunities to advocate for Central American Migrant Justice
- Immigration Justice Study Guide by the UU College of Social Justice
- Video and statistics about the U.S. immigration detention system by UUSC’s partner Freedom for Immigrants
Planning a Guest at Your Table Program
By coordinating a Guest at Your Table celebration for your congregation, you help participants of all ages nurture lasting connections to UU principles, build awareness about social justice and human rights, and strengthen UUSC’s work. Thank you for joining us in this special tradition!
To register as your congregation’s Guest at Your Table coordinator, or to request additional materials or information, please contact Carly Cronon, senior associate for congregational support, at ccronon @ uusc.org.
A step-by-step guide for planning your congregation’s Guest at Your Table Program is available here.