To learn about our upcoming program for Fall 2021 – Summer 2022, please click here!
Current Theme for Fall 2020 – Summer 2021: The Meaning of Home
For many of us, our relationship with home has intensified this year. The pandemic has given many of us new appreciation for, and concerns about, the places we call home and the centrality of these places in our lives.
This year during Guest at Your Table, we invite you to witness stories of our partners around the world as they tell you about home. Our partners in Central America are working to make sure no one is forced to flee their home due to violence or economic devastation. Our partners in Alaska, Louisiana, and the Pacific are fighting for their homes and ancestral lands against the ravages of extractive industries and climate change. And our partners in Burma, Bangladesh, and beyond are working tirelessly to support the rights of the Rohingya ethnic minority of Burma after facing government backed genocide in their homeland.
The ways in which our congregations and families come together may look different, but the beloved tradition of Guest at Your Table is here and needs your support.
To donate by mail, please make checks out to “UUSC” with “Guest” or “GAYT” in the memo field, and send to: UUSC • PO Box 808 • Newark, NJ 07101-0808.
Digital and Downloadable Materials for Virtual Worship Services:
Made for kids of all ages:
- Story for All Ages introducing kids to this year’s four “Guests”
- Template for making homemade boxes (standard cardboard boxes available to order below)
More appropriate for adults and older youth:
- Stories of Hope: personal stories introducing this year’s four “Guests”
- Short videos of four “Guests” with sample introductions for worship services (recommended for ages 12 and up)
- Full-length sermon video
- Written sermon text with suggested hymns and readings
- Short video of staff members introducing UUSC
- Wrap-up thank you video from UUSC
Materials for collecting and tracking donations:
- Personalized webpages for Guest at Your Table programs
- Tally sheet for donation tracking
Print Materials Available to Order:
- 2-week long “Guest at Your Table Message of the Day” tear-off calendar pads
- Stories of Hope booklets
- Collection boxes
- Donation envelopes
If you would like to place a materials order, if you would like a donation page for your congregation, or if we can be helpful with anything else related to Guest at Your Table, please contact Carly Cronon at ccronon @ uusc.org. Please allow 10 days from the time of your order for print materials to arrive.
What is Guest at Your Table?
Guest at Your Table (GAYT) is UUSC’s annual intergenerational program to raise support for and awareness about key human rights issues. Since UUSC works in more than 20 countries, with over 50 grassroots partners, there are thousands of individuals involved in and who benefit from the work that our members make possible. The program is an opportunity to celebrate grassroots partnership, support human rights, and learn about just four of these individuals – the “guests” in Guest at Your Table.
Planning a Guest at Your Table Program
By coordinating a Guest at Your Table celebration for your congregation, you help participants of all ages nurture lasting connections to UU principles, build awareness about social justice and human rights, and strengthen UUSC’s work. Thank you for joining us in this special tradition!
To register as your congregation’s Guest at Your Table coordinator, or to request materials or information, please contact Carly Cronon, senior associate for congregational support, at ccronon @ uusc.org.
A step-by-step guide for planning your congregation’s Guest at Your Table Program is available here.
2019-2020 Theme: Women Leaders, Strong Communities
This past year, UUSC highlighted women leaders and the ways in which UUSC’s work has been shaped and sustained by women’s leadership since our founding. We provided the following materials below.
- Sample Worship Service, including a sermon by Rev. Kimberly Quinn Johnson from UU Congregation of the South Fork and a Moment for All Ages
- Religious Education Activity
- Order of Service Insert 1: This Year’s Guests
- Order of Service Insert 2: Projects Donations Support
- Template for Making Homemade Boxes (standard boxes available to order below)
- Tally Sheet for Donation Tracking:
- Stories of Hope: booklet of four stories highlighting women leaders in human rights
- Donation envelopes
- Donation collection boxes
- 11×17” Posters