Solidarity & Sanctuary
The tools here aim to help equip congregations, State Action Networks, and community activists to provide sanctuary and act in solidarity with communities at risk. Find more information on the UUCSJ website and watch the following webinars to deepen your understanding of these issues.
Love Resists, UUCSJ, and UURISE Webinars
- Love Resists with Congregational Organizing
- The Path Toward Sanctuary: A practical guide
- Faithful Discernment: Is your congregation called to offer sanctuary?
Accompaniment programs can make a real difference in our immigration and criminal justice systems by stopping deportations, reducing bond fees, and keeping families together. Watch the webinars linked below for a deeper dive on accompaniment programs, including how to get involved in your community and learn more about how Love Resists is supporting this work.
- Understand the spiritual roots of accompaniment and how you can get involved in an accompaniment program in your community, Love Resists Through Radical Presence: ICE & court accompaniment programs
- Hear from organizers on the front lines of resisting criminalization and learn where you can fit into this growing social movement, Love Resists Criminalization: Mass incarceration, deportation, and surveillance today
- Learn about the anti-racist practice for expanded sanctuary, accompaniment, and resistance through the online course, Changing Systems, Changing Ourselves