October 28, 2015
Thanks to your generosity, the UUSC-UUA Refugee Crisis Fund has reached over $370,000! These vital funds contribute to a comprehensive response to the refugee crisis in Europe. There, survivors of violence and persecution are fleeing countries like Syria and Iraq, seeking safety throughout the European Union, and facing intense challenges along the way.
What your funds make possible:
- Effective protection for refugees moving through Europe and access to legal avenues to relief
- Support for refugee resettlement in the United States
- Capacity building for overburdened nongovernmental organizations in Lebanon, Jordan, and Turkey
You’re helping UUSC and partners on the ground welcome refugees into Croatia, work with the Hungarian Unitarian Universalist Church to provide direct relief, and press the Obama administration to raise the number of refugees admitted into the United States. Challenges increase daily, and your aid is invaluable. Stay tuned for updates on new partners.
Still looking to make a difference?
- Donate to the UUSC-UUA Refugee Crisis Fund
- Get involved with one of the U.S. national resettlement agencies or local refugee assistance organizations