Provide protection locally
- Accompaniment: Accompaniment helps stop deportations, reduce bond fees, and keep families together. By centering people’s dignity and choices in a system that takes away dignity and choices, we care for those who are criminalized for their being. Learn more at Love Resists.
- Learn more about the anti-racist practice for expanded sanctuary, accompaniment, and resistance through the online course, Changing Systems, Changing Ourselves.
- Offer physical or expanded sanctuary: More information can be found at Love Resists and in the Sanctuary Toolkit.
Take action directly
Contact your elected officials directly about the situation happening at the border:
- Call on the White House to end family separation and detention for good
- Tell your Members of Congress to stop funding human rights abuses in Honduras
- Ensure Temporary Protection Status holders can continue to build their lives in the United States and are not deported to unsafe conditions
You can also support this call by responding to news articles and op-eds with a letter to the editor (LTE). Learn about how to submit an LTE and get sample content here.